Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I play a "movie" not a video on keynote for iPad.

I spent two hours googling this problem with VERY mixed results. I am trying to import a video I recorded with a camera onto my iPad so that I can embed it in a Keynote presentation. First, despite tips on how to change the format/file name, I could not get the file onto my ipad using an sd card and the camera connection kit. I put the video into itunes, tried to sync. Despite being the proper .mov format, it would not sync to the ipad as it "cannot be played on this ipad". I googled this problem, I was told to go to the advanced menu in itunes and convert it to an ipad format. There is no more advanced menu. I googled this problem, I found that the settings are now distributed throughout the other menus. I finally found the option in the File menu. I converted the file. It transfered to the iPad. Whew, finally, I'm done. No. The video is now only accessible in the Movies app. Keynote refuses to recognize this as a valid place to select videos: there is no option for this. What a gigantic waste of time. How can I put this video on my iPad in such a way as to use it with Keynote. I have to say, that I used to flaunt Mac's ease of use... I can easily say that this nightmare has reversed that opinion completely.

Btw, I am using windows xp, and an iPad 2 with 6.0.1. iTunes version 11.0.1.12

I also tried creating a playlist in itunes with the movie and syncing. This also did nothing.

iPad 2

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 10:18 AM

There are no replies.

How do I play a "movie" not a video on keynote for iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.