Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How old do you have to be, to be an apple developer

Hi,

My name is michael, and I had a question I would like to ask the devolper community. I have always dreamed of making apps ever since I was 11, I have taken classes at school, learned online, and even through youtube. I am now 15, and thought that I have the maturity and patience to work on an app. I found out from an apple employee about the $99 devolper program, and wanted to enroll in it. My problem however was how old do I have to be? If anyone could help me, or give me any alternatives, I would really appreciate it.

Thankyou

Developer Program-OTHER

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 12:05 PM

What you have to do is have your parents create a new Apple ID, for you, but in their name. They pay the $99 but you use the account. That is all on the up-and-up as far as Apple is concerned. If you make any money, your parents would still be responsible for taxes, etc.

However, you can access most of the developer services with a free developer account. The only things you can't do are install software on a mobile device, put something in the app stores, or post your own messages in the developer forums. All of the good beta software will be going live shortly so that is not much of an issue right now.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2013 12:05 PM in response to summitslaughter

What you have to do is have your parents create a new Apple ID, for you, but in their name. They pay the $99 but you use the account. That is all on the up-and-up as far as Apple is concerned. If you make any money, your parents would still be responsible for taxes, etc.

However, you can access most of the developer services with a free developer account. The only things you can't do are install software on a mobile device, put something in the app stores, or post your own messages in the developer forums. All of the good beta software will be going live shortly so that is not much of an issue right now.

How old do you have to be, to be an apple developer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.