Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HERE IS ONE FIX FOR WIFI DROP OUT

Like many of you reading this, i have been frustrated for ages with the constant wifi drop outs when using my mac, so i wont waste any more of your time.

This is what worked for me. good luck.

1st - Download this: http://www.istumbler.net run it and find out what wifi channel your on, also check out what your neighbours are on and remember the least frequently used channel (between 1-11).

2nd - log on to your router by typing in its ip into your browser. you can find this by going into your wifi network preferences>advanced>TCP/IP. it is the number next to "ROUTER" and should look something similar to this "192.168.1.1" (you will need the router user name and password. depending on the make and manufacturer of your router, it is often on the rear of the router or search the manufacturers website for details as this information can vary from that on your router).

3rd - Change your wifi channel to the one you found to be least active in your area and save. Your mac should atomatically change to the channel of your router. To check this go to the apple icon>about this mac>more info>system report>(then under network click) wifi. in the list of info that appears look for "channel" and make sure its right.

4th - if this works for you, help the all the others poor b******s out there and spread the word. i cant understand why apple hasnt listed this in the troubleshooting.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3, Syncing to macbook

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 11:13 AM

There are no replies.

HERE IS ONE FIX FOR WIFI DROP OUT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.