Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

temporary image persistence in a 27inches iMac

Hello guys.

My iMac(27 inches, late 2012) had a strange issue 2-3 hours ago. This is the second machine I got, as the first machine I had received suffered from heavy image persistence and it was replaced.

So, I have had this second machine for six months, without a single problem of image persistence, working very often at it for 12-14 hours in a row.

This evening I was also working at my iMac , having a pdf opened at the left side of the screen for 5-6 hours. When , for some reason, rebooted my machine, I noticed some kind of image persistence with this document. After a couple minutes , it was gone , without really doing anything special.

From this time, I have opened at the same side of the screen for much time the same pdf, rebooted the system a couple of times to see if it will happen again, but nothing noticeable.

Should I really be worried about this fact or it could happened accidentally?

I want for no reason my iMac to be "opened" and repaired , especially the lcd screen , which is really the last part to get access inside the iMac. I think that this machine was manufactured to be as more compact as possible and do not want to get it opened or scratched at Apple reseller's service depar.

With regards,

Spyros.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 12:59 PM

2 replies

Sep 11, 2013 1:42 PM in response to iheartapple1970

Thanks for your response.

I have already read this article. Everything about energy saving preferences is on default mode.

I just want to know if this is really a hardware issue , which will happen again and again in the future and probably become even worse.

And of course if it is make sense that it happens now, after six months of proper function. I strongly believe that somehow it should have come up during the first days of functioning. Does not it?

Thanks again for your time.

Spyros.

temporary image persistence in a 27inches iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.