Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Apple ID in my iPhone iCloud

I have a new Apple ID as I had to change email addresses. This I have changed on my MacBook Pro.

On my iphone, when I go to iCloud, account details, it shows a different (old) Apple ID.

How can I change it to the correct one?

I don't seem to be able to cancel or change the wrong Apple ID on my iphone.

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 3:48 PM

53 replies

Sep 11, 2013 4:37 PM in response to MikeFast

To change your iCloud ID on your phone, go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with the new ID. This deletes the account and your iCloud data from your device, but not from iCloud. Provided you are signing back into the same account, your iCloud data will reappear on your device when you sign back in.

To avoid losing photo stream photos, save them to your camera roll (if not already there) before deleting the account. To do this, open your my photo stream album, tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, then tap Save to Camera Roll.

Sep 19, 2013 11:29 AM in response to Michelle L M

If you still have access to your old email address, do the following:

Go to https//appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your iCloud ID. Tap edit next to the pimary email account, tap Edit, change it back to your old email account and verify it. Then edit the name of the account to change it back to your old email address. You should then be able to turn off Find My iPhone with your password. Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back and change your primary email address and iCloud ID back to the way it was. You will then be able to go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your current ID and password to reconnect to your iCloud account.

If you don't have access to your old email address, you will have to contact Apple to get them to reset the password for it so you can disable Find My iPhone and sign into your iCloud account. You will have to prove your identity to them in order to do so. You can either contact iTunes support for assistance with this (https://ssl.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html), or contact Apple Support (http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/).

Sep 19, 2013 7:22 PM in response to MikeFast

I'm having the same problem. I had switched my email account for my Apple ID last week, and today I downloaded the new IOS. My iphone still is promting me with my old email apple ID, which is no longer active or available. Even trying to sign onto the old email account on the apple ID website wont work. I tried the old password and it keeps denying me access. I Cant delete the account on my phone because the password does not work and the email no longer exists as my apple ID.

I hope this makes sense 😕

Wrong Apple ID in my iPhone iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.