Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intel HD 4000 Integrated Chip MBA mid 2012

Ahlo,

I've been reading lots of different threads on this issue and while some address parts of this issue none have resolved my particular problem:

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with Bootcamp 5/OSX Lion. This machine has a Intel HD4000 integrated chip. When I use bootcamp display drivers I do not have control over dual monitors, the only way I can get signal to a second monitor is to boot with the adapter plugged in. The problem here is that I do not have resolution control or any driver options; a problem for the various projectors I need to use and the constant booting is a no-go.

When I install Intel's Drivers (15.​31.​9.​64.​3165 or 15.​31.​3.​64.​3071) The driver issue is solved and external displays are recognized when the mini displayport adapter is inserted; works great; until I restart the machine. Upon restart the screen goes black at the windows login, windows is running, but the display is just blank. I have to restart in safe mode, unistall the drivers, and then I get my login screen; but back to the above problem.

So I find myself in a catch 22. Has anyone figured out what could possibly solve this problem? My EFI is also up to date.

Thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 8:11 AM

Figured out this particular issue:

I was running Snow Lepord and my EFI was from mid 2012. I upgraded to Lion and updated to EFI 2.6. Reinstalled the most recent intel HD Iris Driver and my problem was solved.

1 reply

Intel HD 4000 Integrated Chip MBA mid 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.