Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someones shared to my computer and I don't know who they are. HELP PLEASE?

How do i disconnect shared computers on my mac? I live on residence in college and some random guy named Ben is connected to my computer. I tried unselecting bonjour and stuff and restarted several times as well as disconnecting the ethernet. Any idea?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 6:17 PM

4 replies

Sep 11, 2013 6:56 PM in response to ManWithQuestions

Can I ask you how you know (why you think) that Ben is connected to your computer? If you're seeing "Ben's Computer" (or whatever) in the "Shared" section of your Finder's sidebar, this does not mean that Ben has access to your computer. It means that his computer is on the same wireless network as yours, and he potentially has file-sharing ports open on his computer. So, if anything, you would be able to connect to his computer if you knew his login. Frank's advice is correct to prevent your computer showing up in his Shared section (even so, he would still need to know your login to connect; best to turn off Sharing altogether as above).

Matt

Someones shared to my computer and I don't know who they are. HELP PLEASE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.