Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wireless apple mouse keeps disconnecting

wireless apple magic mouse (purchased 2012) keeps disconnecting from osx 10.7.5 on my 2012 mac air. any thoughts as to why? (other than "apple makes bad mice," according to a bunch of comments in communities). i have changed batteries, uninstalled and reinstalled, reset the speed, you-name-it-i-tried it. is it just a bad mouse? it is indeed pretty magical because it can make bluetooth disappear....and often. should i buy another one, switch to another brand? if so, what is a good mouse? thank you.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 7:29 PM

6 replies

Sep 12, 2013 6:51 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Barry. thank you but please be more specific.

SMC---i have no idea what that is or how to reset it.

Favorite. i see in my mouse status settings it is not a favorite, but i have no idea how to set it as a favorite.

the embedded and online help menu for both SMC and Favorite is absolulted no help.

so, if you can "help" that would be great.

--Bishop

Sep 15, 2013 3:35 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Barry Hemphill wrote:

IMHO, there is nothing inherently wrong with Apple mice. Take yours to an Apple store to have them test it on their systems (if it is warranty, have them replace it).

Really! Really!! Haven't you seen "Mouse Cursor Disappears":

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4142250?start=0&tstart=0

75,431 views and 387 replies over 14 months and rising. A similar huge thread on Lion, and rising. There are other problem mouse threads. This has been a persistent problem since the beginning of Lion. I (and others) have had their iMacs examined by Apple's Genius Bar (in my case 5 times plus a change of mouse). About 20 separate solutions have been offerd on these discussions including Adobe's software that changes the cursor shape. No solution (after two years and about 10 updates of OS and none in sight.!) Lots of feedback to Apple's site on this but not a single response, let alone a cure. My Magic Mouse has been a paperweight for months and I am using my 5-year old tethered optical mouse. A huge relief!

But perhaps you are strictly right in saying that there is nothing wrong with the mouse, but who knows, that's part of the problem.

Apr 16, 2015 10:53 AM in response to SteveKir

I had the same problem after updating to yosemite ( os 10.10) and tried a few things suggested on the forum such as using duracell batteries, using aluminium foil, clean up the connectors...

Eventually, I found some people saying it fixed it after resetting the prom on they imac ( mine is a 2012 model imac 13" pro with retina) and that worked perfectly!

So if you have an imac pro, I suggest to shutdown, hold the "command" + "p" "r" key while powering on, it will boot on the utility menu and if you select to restart, it will reboot and it may fix it for you too.

Cheers

wireless apple mouse keeps disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.