Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is disconnecting an iPod Touch when it charges for the first time a mistake?

It's a recently opened iPod Touch 5G.

Since it's a lithium-ion battery, it's supposed to not need the usual drill of draining the battery completely after you take the product out of the box, and then leave it connected and charging for many hours before you can really start using it. But my question is that, since I turned it on to check it when I first held it, then I connected it to the computer but disconnected it to show it to someone, before connecting it again and let it charge completely, so I stopped the recommended process. I honestly don't know if that was something I shouldn't have done or nothing important and it's bugging me. I want the battery to work perfectly, of course, and there's my worry.

It's something that is obviously not noticeable at first sight, if there happen to be any problems with the battery's behavior later on because of that (not holding enough power for example, or draining faster), so I'd really appreciate an opinion. It's a simple question but I want to solve this doubt, since I think Apple isn't clear about something like what I just did. Thank you.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4, 32 GB, silver.

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 11:49 PM

Nothing to worry about.

For additional info about the battery you can look here:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html

1 reply

Is disconnecting an iPod Touch when it charges for the first time a mistake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.