Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how dose apple in store iPhone trade in work?

This is what I was told by apple chat but they are clueless regarding instore services

Now Chatting with Ross

• Hello from Apple! What can I do for you today?

• question I want to trade in at my local apple retail store iPhone 5 from t-mobile can I do the trade using the new trade in policy but how dose this work for t-mobile customers? since they don't do contracts?

• No problem at all! We'll totally be able to take your iPhone in.

• I'll send you a link to get an estimate for the value.

• All you have to do is come into the Apple Store when you're ready to make the trade.

• I though though you had to walk out with a new iPhone with a contract though?

• Not at all. If you wanted to stick with T-Mobile, we'll have those available to you at the stores, too.

• CLICK HERE FOR IPHONE RECYCLE

• oh though the once at the store I would only have the option for full retial and no eip plans?

• What you could honestly do is get the SIM card taken out of your iPhone and placed into the new one and walk out of the store talking on your phone right away.

• huh can I get more details? I have the iPhone 5 and the trade in value is $280 and the t-mobile/unlocked version is $650?

• The best way to go is to head straight into the Apple Store.

• We've kind of been leaving the whole trade-in program entirely up to them.

• Our recycle program is a bit different, which is what you're seeing now.

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 10:59 PM

1 reply

how dose apple in store iPhone trade in work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.