Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound issue... no audio output from adobe premiere pro cs6

I can't get sound out of PremierPro CS 6. I can get audio to play through whatever device I choose from After Effects CS6 but not Premier. I uninstalled SoundFlower (a low-latency sonud bus system extension for OS X from cycling74.com) because someone suggested (some who was just guessing) that was causing the issue.

There's a few weird clues:
User uploaded file

As shown above the Master volume control in the Audio Midi Setup.app Built-in Output Tab is locked in the minimum -ve dB position.

User uploaded file

As shown above there are seperate tabs for After Effects 11.0 since updated to After Effects 11.0.2 and Premier Pro 6.0., Selecting any of the devices doesn't seem to route audio to speakers nor headphones. I'm not sure if SoundFlower or Adobe or some other process created these tabs.

User uploaded file

As shown above the Audio level slider for internal speakers in the Sound Preferences panel is greyed out in the max position and not adjustable.!

Have no idea what is going on, very frustrating! I have restarted OS X since uninstalling SoundFlower if that had anyhting to do with it (I doubt it did I've been using soundflower for years with no issues in loads of AV software).

I have sound 'appearing' in Premier and if I export a Render the audio comes with it and plays in QuickTime Player just not in PPro itself:

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Wacom tablet, Dell 27" U2713HM,

Posted on Sep 11, 2013 10:49 PM

2 replies

Sep 12, 2013 7:17 PM in response to wideEyedPupil

So it turned out to be a free/$1 application called SoundBunny. I obtained it from Other World Computing when I bought an SSD. Bunny me.

It allows you to mix the volume outputs of every app/process running on your Mac. Quite handy but I rarely use and at some time in the past must have faded FCP X and PremierPro to zero (probably trying to determine where some unidentified momentary but periodic sound was coming from. It turned out to be the notification bell in Gmail/Google Hangouts and I was binary switching apps volume on/off to trace it). Moral of story: turn down to 1 or 2 not zero you never know when you'll forget to turn back up.

Sound issue... no audio output from adobe premiere pro cs6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.