Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Launchpad problem in Mountain Lion

I have recently purchased an iMac running Mountain Lion (previously had iMac running Snow Leopard). I was rearranging the icons in Launchpad but now something appears to have gone wrong. When I open launchpad it goes to page 2 of the launchpad. When I scroll to the left to get onto page 1 of the Launchpad it immediately rebounds onto page 2 so I cannot get it to settle on page 1. How do I reset it?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 3.4Ghz Intel Core i7, 16gb DDR3.

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 9:47 AM

This procedure will reset the state of LaunchPad to its default. Any customization that you did will be removed.

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/Dock

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services ▹ Open

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open. Inside it are one or more files with long names ending in ".db". Move those files to the Desktop, leaving the folder open. Log out, log back in, and test. If there's no change, put the files you moved back where they were, overwriting the ones that may have been created in their place. Then log out and in again. Otherwise, delete the files you moved.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C). In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2013 9:47 AM in response to Christopher Saunders

This procedure will reset the state of LaunchPad to its default. Any customization that you did will be removed.

Back up all data.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/Dock

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services ▹ Open

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open. Inside it are one or more files with long names ending in ".db". Move those files to the Desktop, leaving the folder open. Log out, log back in, and test. If there's no change, put the files you moved back where they were, overwriting the ones that may have been created in their place. Then log out and in again. Otherwise, delete the files you moved.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C). In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Launchpad problem in Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.