Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update my iOS

I want to update my iOS to 6.1.3. but when I tap on software update, it says that your software is up to date. I checked for software updated with my iPad and my iTunes, but neither of them could update my iOS. Please help as soon as you can.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 6:53 AM

For clarification, what is the version of iOS on the iPad now?

10 replies

Sep 12, 2013 8:04 AM in response to Parhamboy77

So you are at iOS 6.0.0 and using iTunes to check for updates OR using the iPad itself to check for updates (Settings>General>Software Update) reports that there are NO updates? Are you connected to the internet in some way?

Your signature was wrong in stating that your iOS version is at 6.1.3....is your iPad model (3rd gen) listed correctly in your signature? If not, what iPad do you actually have?

Sep 12, 2013 8:20 AM in response to Parhamboy77

I'm so sorry! 'Cause it's driving me crazy.

The whole story vol. entire

I'm at iOS 6.0.0. I have a wifi+cellular 64GB 3rd gen. iPad and I want to update my software to iOS 6.1.3. And when I go to settings>general>software update! it says that my software is up to date. I check for software update with the iTunes program (the latest version), and the same message. I'm sure that I have no internet connection problem. And my device is not jailbroken.

Please help!

Sep 12, 2013 8:26 AM in response to Parhamboy77

That is very odd...

About all that I can suggest is a reset first:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

If that doesn't work, make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store if possible. They may be able to help you out.

Can't update my iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.