Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my computer does not recognise my camera

since my MacBook was upgraded to 10.7.5, it does not recognize my camera when it is plugged in, for import of images, nor does it automatically open iTunes hwen I want to download the photos on my iPad to my MacBook. When I plug in my iPad, it offers to sync with my iPad, but I want to remove stuff from my iPad, not put stuff on there.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 8:50 AM

6 replies

Sep 16, 2013 2:13 PM in response to jeremy_v

HI, Jeremy,

I plugged the camera into a Windows computer with the same USB cord and it was recognized. I tried to download the driver for the camera from its website (Canon) to my Macbook but the download didn't happen. I have plugged other USB devices into my Macbook and they have been recognized. My camera was recognixed by my Macbook until the OS was upgraded.

Frances

Jan 23, 2015 6:32 PM in response to fran_scot

I had this problem and it was driving me nuts. On another forum they said the only thing that worked was either a) clean reinstall or b) getting a card reader. I can't do a clean install right now because I'm in the middle of a huge project and can't risk things not working on reinstall. I was picking up something at Office Depot today and lo and behold there was a card reader for $4.99 at the checkout so I got it.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM. I know it doesn't FIX the problem, but it is the easiest workaround ever. The kind I got is really cute and made by Ativa.

Good luck!

Anna

Jan 23, 2015 9:01 PM in response to fran_scot

It could be that the old driver for the camera will not work with the new software. You might need to see if there is a newer one from the mfg. I had that problem with a new kodak camera. As far as the Ipad you will need a third party app to transfer photos to Iphoto. Seems to work the same as with the Ipod. Will sync and transfer photos and music to the Ipad but not from.

my computer does not recognise my camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.