Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8.1 now out of beta, but Control Panel Photo Stream still an issue

As I mention in my blog

tinkertry.com/first-24-hours-with-windows-8-1-on-w520-laptop-mostly-smooth-saili ng

Windows iCloud Control Panel 2.1.2 Photo Stream feature stopped working, after the upgrade from Windows 8 Pro x64 to Windows 8.1 Pro x64, back on Sep 9 2013. Pictured below, the Photo Stream folder simply has no new folders, while the Photo Stream on my iPhone shows new photos synced to the cloud just fine. Sometimes, the Control Panel user interface won't actually start properly either.

Any ideas when official support and an update will be available from Apple? Thank you!

User uploaded file

ThinkPad W520-OTHER, Other OS, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 9:35 AM

1 reply

Sep 28, 2013 6:26 AM in response to tinkererguy

Updated to Control Panel 3.0 that was released after this thread was opened, but still a problem, Photo Stream not working (even though I got the "Photos" checkbox to stay on in 3.0, it's still not syncing).

On another freshly installed Windows 8.1 64 bit system, it works fine. So perhaps related to the older to newer Control Panel upgrade.

Windows 8.1 now out of beta, but Control Panel Photo Stream still an issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.