Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get the apple loops back...

Helloooo! I've got this problem... Well let me tell the story first. Once upon a time I thought I would save some space by deleting apple loops from the system as I didn't really use Garageband back then. About 3 Months Later... I thought I would practice on music tech. on my mac as I have it in my new school. However, I remembered that I deleted the apple loops. So here is what I did:

1. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Garageband. Why it failed : Because reinstalling through the app store didn't actually download the loops.

2. Looked through millions of forums and websites to see if I could find the answer. Why it failed : Because a lot of forums were old and included install disks and other ones didn't help.

3. Garageband said "There are no Apple Loops installed on your System. Please reinstall the Apple Loop Package". So I looked around the web for Apple Loop Package. Why it failed :Because it only showed additional apple loops not the original ones.

AND AFTER AGES OF LOOKING AROUND I STILL CAN NOT GET THE APPLE LOOPS.

If anyone knows how to get the apple loops back I would be REALLY grateful

Additional info:

Specs:

• Model: A1278
  • 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
  • 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • 750 GB Capacity
  • Garageband '11

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 9:40 AM

5 replies

Sep 18, 2013 7:17 AM in response to MacBookIsCool

Have you resolved the problem by now?

If not, tell us more.

Did you delete the complete folder /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/ or only its contents?

How did you uninstall and reinstall GarageBand? Did you move the GarageBand.app from the Applications folder to the Trash and then download the app again from the AppStore?

That should reinstall part of the Loop Library.

Or how did you do it exactly?

Sep 21, 2013 11:00 AM in response to MacBookIsCool

I'm also having this problem, however under different circumstances. Prior to my early 08 17" macbook pro failing completely, I figured I would copy over my copy of garageband, since I'd lost the install disk and didn't feel like buying it. I didn't copy over the loops and it was actually the hard disk I was using as a lifeboat for my files whilst fixing my old 'book that failed.

Anyway, go forwards a year and I'm back on my '08 instead of my mid '09 13" and thought 'Hey, let's buy the latest version!' so I COMPLETELY uninstalled the old version of garageband (loop folders and all), and eventually ended up installing it, it installed my loops and all was well. Unfortunately, it's broken again.

No loops. installing garageband on my 13" also has a thing about no loops.

I'll contact Apple support today and see what I can do. I'll keep you guys updated

I can't get the apple loops back...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.