Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing photos replaced with ipmeta files

This happened a while ago now, so I can't remember the ins and outs. My Macbook decided to have a hissy fit and crashed, after leaving it for a good hour it was still stuck, so I had to hold down the power button to restart. However, when it restarted, a good portion of my photos were missing, when I tried searching for them in finder using when I last accessed them, I found all that were there were .ipmeta data files. Is there any way whatsoever to recover these photos or convert them back? A lot of them were old family photos from cameras etc we no longer have, and at that point in time I didn't have timemachine set up (stupid I know!) Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 12:36 PM

1 reply

Missing photos replaced with ipmeta files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.