Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech USB headset issue / probable solution

I don't know if this is still of any interest but I accidentally resolved an issue that - as my google research showed - is quite common:

I am using a Logitech USB H330 Headset with my Mac Pro 1,1 and my early 2009 Mac Mini as they don't feature a mic headset audio input.

Sometime in 2011 it stopped working on both machines for no obvious reason although system profiler showed it as a USB device and I never got it working again - until yesterday.

Desperately I was trying again to get the H330 working I tried to plug it into a 2008 MB Air (with the USB port under the bottom cover lid). Fortunatly the USB plug from the headset is a little clumsy so I plugged a 5$ unpowered USB hub into the MB Air and connected the H330 to the USB hub. And - tadaa - sound and microphone worked. Skype, Dictate, Quicktime, iTunes - everything behaved the way it should.

I could reproduce the effect on MB Air 2008 and 2011, Mac Pro and Mac Mini. Directly plugged into the Macs' USB ports my H330 won't play sound nor would it allow to record my voice. As soon as I have an unpowered USB hub between the headset and any of the Macs there is no issue at all. A 5V powered USB hub however won't do the trick.

I have no explanation for this and it was totally weird how I detected it but I got back to use Skype and Dictate on my older machines.

Hope this helps those users hoping for a driver fix or any other solution provided by Apple :-)

Regards

Frank

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 1:04 PM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2014 2:17 PM in response to Frank Hofmann

Freaky, but you're right, it works. I was just in the middle of a garageband recording when my headset (Logitech, not sure on model) kept disappearing on me. I got a message saying it was disconnected when it was not, then it would come back only to have the same thing happen several seconds to minutes later. Finally it left and wouldn't come back. I rebooted thinking it was up too long (I've gone ninety days between reboots easily). No dice. So I found this.

Plugged it into a powered usb hub and it's back.

Very strange indeed. Have any advice on the SD card slot refusing to see the same card every few uses? lol I love my macbook pro but this weird stuff... it's just beyond me now!

Logitech USB headset issue / probable solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.