Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login to iTunes on Apple TV

Cannot login to iTunes Store on Apple TV.

Apple ID is correct and password is correct but keep getting message - Unable to sign in. The apple ID you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again.

However I am apple purchase apps on my iPhone and iPad with same password and ID.

I have unplugged the Apple TV and also done a reset.

Suggestions please.

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2017 12:02 PM

if you are using the two factor authentication, turn it off... it will work then.

12 replies

Oct 2, 2013 10:01 PM in response to ARPC

I had the same problem where my ATV3 was not allowing me to sign into any iTunes or iCloud account despite my using the correct apple id and password combination. Getting the error message that the id and/or password was incorrect.

The solution that worked for me was resetting the APTV to factory settings. You'll need to know your wifi password after the ATV restarts, as you'll need to sign onto your wifi network. I was then able to sign into iTunes and iCloud without a problem.

Hope this helps

Jul 13, 2014 10:20 PM in response to jako1975

I have the same problem with 3 different apple TV's. I can't login to the ITunes Store. I've reset to factory settings. I've tried to connect to two different ITunes accounts. I've changed ITunes passwords. I can purchase items directly from ITunes not using my apple TV's. I can search YouTube from my apple TV's. There is no router, network issue, otherwise I couldn't search YouTube. And, I'm able to link my ITunes account with one of my Apple TVs. But, I CANNOT login to the ITunes store to buy movies, music. Any help is appreciated.

Can't login to iTunes on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.