Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rocketu 1144 (AM?) & Mountain Lion

Hi. I have a RocketU 1144 USB 3.0 4-port PCI card that I'd like to install in my Mac Pro (3,1). I'm running mountain lion.

The card says it is an 1144AM or 1144AR (yes, it says both). Highpoint's website seems to suggest that this makes it the "quad USB" card.

Using only apple drivers, the PCI card shows up in System Profiler, but each entry says no driver installed.

If I install the drivers from Highpoint's website, which say they are for OS's up to 10.7, then 4 of the entries in System Profiler say "driver installed", but the fifth does not.

In either case a USB device plugged into the card *will* get power, but the Mac does not seem to see the USB device, and it does not show up in the USB section of System Profiler.

Here is the specific output from System Profiler, with the Highpoint Quad drivers installed:

pci10b5,8609:

Driver Installed: No

MSI: No

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-3

Vendor ID: 0x10b5

Device ID: 0x8609

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x10b5

Subsystem ID: 0x8609

Revision ID: 0x00ba

Link Width: x1

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

pci1b21,1042: (Note that there are 4 virtually identical entries like this)

Driver Installed: Yes

MSI: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-3@14,0,0

Vendor ID: 0x1b21

Device ID: 0x1042

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x174c

Subsystem ID: 0x2104

Revision ID: 0x0000

Link Width: x1

Link Speed: 5.0 GT/s

Can anyone help me get this working?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 11:37 AM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 11:44 PM in response to amosfromnewyork

This is exactly the issue that I'm having with my High Pointe 3.0. I've been through all the drivers that I can find, but nothing covers the driver for the actual port. I have the drivers installed for the individual ports on the card, just as you do. If you have solved this problem, please let me know what to do. I have a Blackmagic Shuttle for importing 1080p @ 60 fps...and haven't used it once because of this issue

Any help ANYONE could offer would be AMAZING.

rocketu 1144 (AM?) & Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.