Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hyperlink - email subject line not working when converting to pdf

Why does the -hyper link for the email subject line not work when converted to pdf? Using Pages 09 (4.1)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 4:57 PM

7 replies

Sep 13, 2013 5:40 PM in response to BeckyMags

I just fired up Snow Leopard and created a new document with Pages ’09 v4.1. When I added an email address in the middle of a sentence, it turned into the expected link. On export to PDF, the e-mail link remained active when viewed with Preview and Acrobat Reader.

What did you mean in your first sentence by -- “email subject line” in the context with using Pages?

Jan 10, 2014 2:16 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

I am having similar problem with hyperlinks becoming inactive in the converted PDF document. This forces me to have to save as a Word Doc; then do extensive re-formatting; and then saving the Word version document in PDF will leave the hyperlinks active.

But if I try and save or export the Pages document as a PDF from Pages, the covnersion is fine, except that the hyperlinks are inactive.

Very frustrating and a lot of extra work.

Jan 10, 2014 10:41 PM in response to saldana1

If you are using Pages 5 and the links are not on the first page, there may be problems.

The solution as for nearly every single one of these bugs is upgrade to Pages '09, which should be still on your Mac, along with the 90+ features Apple removed from Pages 5.

Just Export all your Pages 5 files to Pages '09 format first then archive/trash Pages 5 and write a review/rating in the MAc App store.

Peter

hyperlink - email subject line not working when converting to pdf

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.