Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pdfs are blank

Hi

I have a MacBook Air and use Safari, I think I was able to download and print pdfs before but now I cannot do it with some sites, I have looked at the answer to similar question & looked in Library/internet plug-ins but don't have the Adobe PDF plug-in, have these 5 items in there -

nsIQTScriptablePlugin.xpt : QuickTime Plugin.plugin : Quartz%20Composer.webplugin/ : Silverlight.plugin/ : JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/

I had 2 Adobe icons in my application folder and as per the instructions on answer I read, I clicked both of these to unistall them, tried to download new version of Adobe but although it seems to download I can never find it to click and install it.

Any help with this would be appreciated because I have spent several hours trying to sort it myself and do not have much technical ability in this area.

Thanks

Chrissy

iPad

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 8:13 PM

Chrissy ...

Go to /Library then open the Internet Plug-Ins (Disabled folder)

If you see Flash Player.plugin there, move it to /LIbrary/Internet Plug-Ins folder.

2 replies

Sep 16, 2013 9:17 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thank you Carolyn, I had already managed to reinstall Adobe when I found the icon sitting underneath 'Devices' when I clicked on Finder - don't understand why it put it there but clicked it and it installed and now working ok - I had also shut down my mac completely before this happened as I always have it on - just sleeping when I shut it so maybe shutting it off helped ? I am not tech-savvy so I greatly appreciate people like you who help people like me !

When I looked in Library just now I saw Internet Plug-ins floder but not a 'disabled folder' but since it is now working I will not worry about that.

Thanks again 😀

Chrissy

pdfs are blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.