Skip navigation

where do Iphone videos get stored on my mac?

3708 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 12, 2013 8:33 PM by Carolyn Samit RSS
KidBever Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 12, 2013 7:20 PM

I have an Iphone 5 and I'm using os 10.7.5 on my MBP.

Where are all the videos from my phone stored on my computer?  There is an 'Iphoto Videos' tab in Imovie that has some older stuff on it, but the stuff I took today isn't there.  Do I need to do a hard-wired sync in order to get iphone videos into Imovie?

Basically, I want to know that my videos are safely on my computer so I can delete them from my phone.  My daughter is three, and I have her entire life on my phone... don't want to lose those memories.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (84,140 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2013 8:33 PM (in response to KidBever)

You can use the Image Capture app on your Mac located in your Applications folder to sync movies from your iPhone.

Connect the iPhone then launch Image Capture.

Selecgt the iPhone under Devices top left corner of that window.

At the bottom of that window select the folder you want to save the videos to from the Import To pop up menu. The Pictures folder is the handiest.

If you want to edit using iMovie, launch iMovie. From the menu bar click File > Import Movies

message edited by:  cs

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.