Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I mirror video from my Mac to multiple Apple TV units?

I'd like to be able to simultaneously broadcast streaming video from my Mac to more than one Apple TV. We have a yearly party for a web steamed event, but the party has outgrown one room. I need to know if mirroring from my Apple TV to multiple Apple TV units is doable.

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 5.1

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 7:41 PM

12 replies

Jan 7, 2014 7:43 PM in response to yoel69

You can mirror video to multiple Apple TVs using AirParrot simply by opening multiple instances of AirParrot. It's quite brilliant, in fact. I am a second-year medical student, and 100% of my resources (textbooks, Evernote notebooks, lectures, etc.) are digital, stored on my 11" MBA. At any given time, I may have multiple textbooks, Evernote notebooks, internet browser, lectures in VLC, course notes in Preview, study music in iTunes, and my calendar up--all at the same time. As such, having multiple monitors is critical to my workflow, and AirParrot allows me to mirror audio and video to multiple Apple TVs in sync, just as if they were wired.

Feb 16, 2014 11:14 AM in response to mlab51

It's simpler than you think. Just secondary-click the AirParrot icon in your Applications folder, and click Duplicate. If you have three monitors with an Apple TV for each, then you need three copies of AirParrot in your Applications folder, including the original. This works the smoothest if each Apple TV is hard-wired to an AirPort Extreme via ethernet with APE in the same room as your computer. I have my primary APE router in my theater room and use a secondary APE in my office to serve as a repeater and to supply the Apple TVs with ethernet. Caveat emptor: Using your computer to supply video to multiple monitors is quite taxing on your computer's video card, so I highly recommend using a two-fan cooling pad (e.g. iHome's IMAC-A300S or IH-A705CB) to prevent over-heating. Try it yourself, and spread the word!

Mar 14, 2014 12:25 PM in response to dschappell

Any router will work. However, for best performance, ensure that your router is at minimum 802.11n, preferably 802.11ac. Also ensure that each Apple TV is connected to the router via ethernet if at all possible, even if it requires 100 ft of ethernet cable. If you run out of ports on your router, bridge another router from the main one via ethernet to open up more ports.

Can I mirror video from my Mac to multiple Apple TV units?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.