Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and iTunes match

Have an iPhone4 and iPad2 both with all latest updates. Also using iCloud and iTunes Match.

What is the best way to set these up? I don't need music on either device but noticed my entire iTunes library on both devices. I really don't need music on either device except what I choose for each. Noticed my phone close to needing more storage, so I tried to swipe and delete albums but nothing happened. I went to the music icon and deleted everything which showed no data. Then selected the music icon at bottom of phone and all the music is still there.

I also backed up the phone and iPad on iCloud but nothing shows on iCloud.

What is suggested? Should I back these up to iCloud or to themselves or even iTunes? ITunes Match allows access to iTunes library in ICloud but checking iCloud I don't see an iTunes library or iPhone in iCloud. Perhaps I don' need iTunes Match?

Need some guidance on the best way to set things up and what some of you have done. Also how do I delete the music on the phone with what I described earlier.

Thanks

Don

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 1:34 PM

iCloud and itunes match are different services. iCloud really has no impact on iTunes match. When you set up itunes match, I assume your itunes music library was synced up to the match cloud. You other devices list all the music but don't have it physically on the device until you download it.

You might post over at the itunes match forum where users there are more knowledgeable than most here.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_match

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2013 1:34 PM in response to Zimmer1956

iCloud and itunes match are different services. iCloud really has no impact on iTunes match. When you set up itunes match, I assume your itunes music library was synced up to the match cloud. You other devices list all the music but don't have it physically on the device until you download it.

You might post over at the itunes match forum where users there are more knowledgeable than most here.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_match

iCloud and iTunes match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.