Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove page numbers?

I've decided that page numbers are not necessary for my iBook, but I can't find the control to remove them. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Steve

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2013 11:33 PM

Delete them off each page!

If they are locked, open Arrange, select the the number and unlock it.

You could open the template and delete all numbers click save changes where asked and when you close the slider...your book will update and the numbers go.

Although you have decided page numbers are not needed....your readers may prefer yo have them.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2013 11:33 PM in response to DuckMac

Delete them off each page!

If they are locked, open Arrange, select the the number and unlock it.

You could open the template and delete all numbers click save changes where asked and when you close the slider...your book will update and the numbers go.

Although you have decided page numbers are not needed....your readers may prefer yo have them.

Jan 4, 2015 3:18 PM in response to ianwm

Its actually very simple. As I wrote in my original reply - simple open the "Book" tree on the left side by sliding the bar down to reveal the "template".

The page type you are using shows a tick and is highlighted. You may have to unlock ( select item, ARRANGE > UNLOCK) you can change it in any way or just delete the footer text box.

Learning how to modify templates is very easy and takes little time.... and makes creating and or editing layouts and colour schemes very easy

Jan 18, 2016 9:35 PM in response to chappa-ai

According to the help page entitled 'Print a spreadsheet', after you choose to print the spreadsheet, you can do the following:

If you don't want page numbers to print on specific sheets, you must delete them from those sheets. Click the center of the footer on the miniature sheet, select the page number, then press delete on the keyboard.

This is also where you can move the page number to different parts of the header and footer by cutting it and pasting it elsewhere.

How do I remove page numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.