Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay Mirroring not working on Macbook Pro but working on iPhone5 & iPad.

This problem is becoming bothersome.

Just watched a Movie from iPad to Apple TV, went to Macbook Pro to watch a movie and no icon, rebooted Router, Macbook, and Apple TV and can watch a movie from my iPad & iPhone5 no problem but my Mac book pro which i confirmed is supposed to have and just last week watched a movie from it.

this has happened several time before.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 3:23 AM

2 replies

Sep 15, 2013 6:58 AM in response to CirqueDuTech

Hi, CirqueDuTech.

It looks like you have processed some troubleshooting steps on your own and the issue persists. Here are some additional steps I would recommend.

Mac and Apple TV are on the same network, but no AirPlay Mirroring menu appears

Your Apple TV may be asleep. Simply press a button on your Apple TV remote to wake it up. After a few seconds, the AirPlay Mirroring menu extra will appear.

Make sure your Apple TV has the current software update installed.

Make sure you have the "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" checked.

User uploaded file

The menu bar or Dock is cropped

Some HDTVs have bezels that cover a small percentage of the screen. This will result in a slight cropping of a full-resolution HDTV image. Depending on the HDTV model, AirPlay Mirroring may automatically adjust the picture size to prevent cropping. If you see cropping of the menu bar or dock on your HDTV when using AirPlay Mirroring, simply click the Overscan correction option in Displays preferences.

User uploaded file

Firewall security settings

If you use the firewall, make sure the following firewall security options have been set to allow AirPlay Mirroring to work:

1. Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences.
  2. Click Security & Privacy, and then click Firewall.
  3. Click the lock icon to unlock it if it's locked, then type an administrator name and password.
  4. Click Firewall Options.
  5. Uncheck (deselect) “Block all incoming connections” checkbox.
  6. Select (check) the “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections” checkbox.

About AirPlay Mirroring in OS X Mountain Lion

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5404

If the issue persists, you may want to reach out to us here.

Cheers,

Jason H.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.