Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari 5.1.10

Hi,

Has anyone else found that the link for the Safari Update 5.1.10 listed in the support downloads page actually links to 5.1.9?

I'm trying to download the package to deploy over a network. Didn't really want to login to each machine to install manually via the software updates option becasue there are lots of them...

Thanks

CWJ

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 3:49 AM

23 replies

Sep 13, 2013 5:09 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Nope sorry, your all wrong. Please check before you reply.

The download is listed on the "Newly designed" software updates page as 5.1.10, click the link to obtain the software and you'll discover it actually links to the page displaying 5.1.9 and therefore has a link to 10.1.9.

I've just deployed and installed this download to the whole network, as read the same way most have you have done, just expecting it to download the 5.1.10 version as the first page suggests, instead on further inspection its 5.1.9.

Please give me some credit here guys, I've been doing this sort of thing for some time... and I know when Apple make a blunder, to frequently in my experience.

Sep 13, 2013 5:12 AM in response to cwjones73

>>Has anyone else found that the link for the Safari Update 5.1.10 listed in the support downloads page actually links to 5.1.9?

Yes - Software Update had it first, before it was listed at Downloads, and that initially went to 5.1.9, as you noted.

It seems that the Apple site took a little longer to update, and user/isp caches may have extended that for some.

Sep 13, 2013 8:36 AM in response to cwjones73

You're correct about the download page: http://support.apple.com/downloads/ has a link claiming to be to 5.1.10, which leads to http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1569 which is 5.1.9.

The downloads page also has a 'Download' link but this says '5.1.10SnowLeopardManual'... as it's an installer I haven't tried to check whether it actually is the manual (it's 50MB for what that's worth, so it likely actually is Safari - I suppose they mean manual install?).

Software Update has, as I said, the correct version - or anyway it claims to, I haven't actually tried installing it yet.

User uploaded file

Sep 13, 2013 2:29 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

After downloading the two updates that Roger shows above, safari 5.1.10 and Security update 2013-004, it messed up my outlook 2011. I cannot reply, forward or create a new email message. I downloaded safari again just now and no version is showing for the 2nd dowloaded safari under installed software, but my about safari is saying .10. How do I get my outlook to work?? thanks!

safari 5.1.10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.