Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix - an error occurred loading this content

I consistently get the error "an error occurred loading this content " only when watching Netflix on my Apple TV. All other apps on Apple TV work correctly and I can watch Netflix on PC or iPad and don't get the error. I've tried all combination of things that I've read online but the error persists. I've had the same Apple TV for years without this error. Started getting the error a few months ago but nothing has changed on my home networked. Same bt homehub and connect to Apple TV through Ethernet. Only solution is to use down arrow/menu button to reboot every few minutes. Please can somebody advice on how I can resolve this. Thanks

AppleTV 2

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 6:30 AM

68 replies

Sep 15, 2013 10:52 AM in response to druss887

Thanks for the responses guys. What both if these don't address though is that Netflix has worked for years through my appletv. Nothing has changed on my home network or provider. So something must have happened on the appletv side to cause this. My Netflix works on other devices at home so somehow the Netflix on appletv is the problem. What has appended over last few months that caused this to start happening?

Nov 23, 2013 5:40 PM in response to druss887

Here is how the system is set up Netflix sends the content the internet service provider delivers it the device plays it. If you are abe to get it on 1 device then Netflix is not the issue. Most likely the issue is data isn't moving quick enough(yes even if other apps are working this might be the issue). My Apple TV has a bad graphics card and it manifests it self in a conductivity issue. So 90% of the time there is nothing Netflix can do. So check with both appl and your internet service provider. You can also go to Netflix.com/help and get the same support Netflix can offer.

P.S. If you want a free month just call tell them you know about the servay and that you want a free month.

I was a Netflix customer service agent.

Netflix - an error occurred loading this content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.