Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want to enter a password on my iMac when I start. How can I do to delete the command ?

I must have made the mistake to enter a password when I first started my running my Imac and now it seems that I can't delete this password. Can someone get me out of this problem ? Thanks

iMac, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 6:10 AM

7 replies

Sep 13, 2013 6:28 AM in response to Xirtaeb

Go to System Preferences, Users and Groups (or Accounts if you have 10.7 or earlier), click Login Options. If everything is greyed out, you'll need to unlock the padlock with your password. Then turn on "Automatic login" and set it to your user. You will need to enter your password one more time.

The next time you boot up, it'll go straight to your desktop. Don't forget your password, though, as you'll still need it to install updates and other admin things.

Matt

I don't want to enter a password on my iMac when I start. How can I do to delete the command ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.