Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prevent menu bar from appearing in full screen mode

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a way to completely prevent the menu bar from appearing in Mountain Lion when I'm in full screen mode.

It's annoying on Firefox or Google Chrome where it hides the tabs bar, and the problem has not been fixed from the release of OS X Lion, so I don't really expect it to be fixed in the near future.

Please tell me you know how to do it!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, Safari 6

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 5:21 AM

4 replies

Sep 13, 2013 6:06 AM in response to Phil Stokes

I put the mouse up to switch tab and then the menu bar shows up, covering the tabs (which is even more annoying, but that doesn't matter in regards to this discussions) What I'm saying is, if this is intended to be distraction free mode, then I'd like all of the distractions to disappear. I understand why they decided to keep the menu bar up there and I would keep the default behaviour this way, but I think the USER shouldn't be denied to change the default to what it wants and what it likes.

Prevent menu bar from appearing in full screen mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.