Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upload only unprocessed songs

I purchased the $25 iTunes Match service and uploaded all my songs to the cloud. I think the upload was interrupted when it was about 90% finished somehow.

Anyway, I now have a lot of songs with the cloud outline icon that apparently represents songs that have been matched but not uploaded yet. I'd like to upload them to the cloud, but I don't want to go through the time-consuming process of uploading my entire iTunes collection again. Is there a way to select only songs that aren't already in the cloud and upload them?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 8:34 AM

Not all tracks in your iTunes library are literally "uploaded." Some will be "matched." You need to enable the iCloud Status column in the iTunes browser by swtiching to Song view, pulling down View > View Options and selecting "iCloud Status." Now close the small window. Find the songs that are unprocess and let us know what the status, kind and bit rate are of some of the them so we can help you figure it out.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2013 8:34 AM in response to David Blomstrom

Not all tracks in your iTunes library are literally "uploaded." Some will be "matched." You need to enable the iCloud Status column in the iTunes browser by swtiching to Song view, pulling down View > View Options and selecting "iCloud Status." Now close the small window. Find the songs that are unprocess and let us know what the status, kind and bit rate are of some of the them so we can help you figure it out.

Sep 13, 2013 8:52 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

That's a cool feature, thanks.

I now see the main categories: Matched, Purchased, Uploaded and Waiting

There are also three minor categories: Ineligible, Duplicate, Error Most of the videos I've downloaded from YouTube are in the Ineligible category.

Uploaded obviously means these songs have been uploaded, and I assume Purchased songs don't need to be uploaded, because Apple already has a record of my purchase. I'm not sure what Matched means, but it looks like I need to upload the songs in the Waiting category at the very least.

I'm not sure what you mean by "kind," though, nor do I know how/where to find the bit rate.

Thanks.

Sep 13, 2013 9:35 AM in response to David Blomstrom

David Blomstrom wrote:

There are also three minor categories: Ineligible, Duplicate, Error Most of the videos I've downloaded from YouTube are in the Ineligible category.

Yes, only videos purchased from the iTunes Store are eligible for iTunes Match.

David Blomstrom wrote:

Uploaded obviously means these songs have been uploaded, and I assume Purchased songs don't need to be uploaded, because Apple already has a record of my purchase. I'm not sure what Matched means, but it looks like I need to upload the songs in the Waiting category at the very least.

Perhaps this marketing page will help you better understand the iTunes Match service: http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/.

"Match" means the track in your iTunes library was literally matched to a track that is for sale on the iTunes store.

The first trouble shooting step for get the "waiting" songs to be processed is to simply quit iTunes, wait a few seconds and open it again. The scan process should kick off and start processing the tracks that are in a "waiting" status.

Sep 17, 2013 7:31 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

Once the "Waiting" (aka songs downloaded from music blogs, etc.) are uploaded, which has yet to happen after multiple days of running the iTunes Match service, how do I free up the space on my iPhone? When I sync, I still see my music library taking up all that space. Additionally, I used to drag songs into my Purchased music which were both from the Apple store and songs I downloaded, but the playlist is in the complete wrong order and doesn't include half my songs on my iPhone, which I can see within the playlist on my computer. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 17, 2013 8:36 PM in response to eschwartz23

eschwartz23 wrote:

Once the "Waiting" (aka songs downloaded from music blogs, etc.) are uploaded, which has yet to happen after multiple days of running the iTunes Match service, how do I free up the space on my iPhone?

You delete the synced music on the iPhone. Go to Settings > General > Usage, tap Music (you may need to scroll down in the list) then swipe across "all music" and tap DELETE.

FYI, with iTunes Match enabled on an iOS device traditional syncing of music via USB is disabled. All music management takes place directly on the device.

eschwartz23 wrote:

Additionally, I used to drag songs into my Purchased music which were both from the Apple store and songs I downloaded, but the playlist is in the complete wrong order and doesn't include half my songs on my iPhone, which I can see within the playlist on my computer. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

You can still do that in iTunes.

How to upload only unprocessed songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.