Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enabling Supervision

Can I enable the supervision profile without have to reset my iPads? We have 25 iPads that are being currently used and want to change them to be supervised but we can't reset the iPads. I have not found a way to add the profile to allow supervision without a wipe. Thank you for any information you may have.

Kris

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 8:38 AM

2 replies

Sep 13, 2013 12:17 PM in response to RoweKr

Hi Kris,

Unfortunately, no there is not a way. Apple made it this way so that personally owned devices couldn't be Supervised and managed by someone else. Apple Configurator will always wipe an iPad when you Supervise it and again when/if you ever Un-supervise it. There is no way to Supervise a device without wiping it.

I know its not the answer you wanted to hear, but I hope this answers your question.

~Joe

Sep 16, 2013 9:01 AM in response to nsdjoey

A possible solution might be to start from fresh by supervising the devices, but then re-installing all the apps that you purchased with individual apple IDs on each device. Make sure in Configurator that you go into Preferences and UNCHECK the box that asks if you would like to delete apps not instaled by the Configurator.

I was in a similar situation as yours and so far this has worked for me.

Enabling Supervision

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.