Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.8.5 - Mac Mini with 2 displays won't wake up from sleep after update.

The mac wakes up. You can tell by the white light. But the displays won't wake up. I've restored to 10.8.4 and that fixes it!

Anyone else had this problem?

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 9:59 AM

12 replies

Sep 13, 2013 10:47 AM in response to Tearace

I have a similar situation here but maybe different issue.

I have a Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz (Early 2008, non-unibody, Mountain Lion 10.8.4) with a dead LED backlid panel. I know the display works because I can still see all Desktop icons but very dark. So I had to mirror the screen onto my TV using the DVI cable.

It was all working fine until the OSX 10.8.5 update, my external display cannot detect any signal. So I use Remote Desktop to check & I realized in System Profiler, nothing is detected under Displays even the built-in display. I made sure I still have the "mirroring" option ON in System Preferences but there is no "mirroring" icon at top right hand corner.

Please help! Thanks

Sep 14, 2013 6:07 AM in response to Tearace

In trying to solve this I've discovered that if I put the mac back to sleep with the power button and then wake it, it comes back up with only the primary display and doesn't recognise the second display. This was repeatable and seems to suggest a multi display problem with 10.8.5.

The only workaround I've found, is to not allow sleep. So I'm back on 10.8.4, which does not have the problem.

Nov 6, 2013 8:09 AM in response to Tearace

I have this same issue with my 2nd monitor. After sleeping it will no wake. In Systme Prefs/Dispay it shows as being recognized. Iend up having to restart to get it back on.

Tearace wrote:

In trying to solve this I've discovered that if I put the mac back to sleep with the power button and then wake it, it comes back up with only the primary display and doesn't recognise the second display. This was repeatable and seems to suggest a multi display problem with 10.8.5.

10.8.5 - Mac Mini with 2 displays won't wake up from sleep after update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.