Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove random icons in Finder tool bars...

How do I get rid of these things? My finder windows all have, in addition to the normal items, the poster art for an MP4 file I haven't watched in weeks, a question mark and the icon for an app I rarely use. When I normally click on the MP4 it opens the movie in QuickTime, on the question mark it tells me the item cannot be found and the app icon opens the icon. When I left click on any of them, I'm only given the options to make all my tool bar items tiext, text and icons or customize my tool bar but in the customize option there is no way to remove the MP4, question mark or app icon. Why are they there and how can I get rid of them?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), OS X Server

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 11:30 AM

4 replies

Sep 13, 2013 1:40 PM in response to dominic23

Dominic,

Why would you bother to take the time to respond to a question you refuse to answer? If searching relating items had proven useful, I would not have posted my question. Why do you waste your own and everyone else's time posting completely unhelpful responses? What do you get out of that? Why are you trolling a board which mainly exists for problem solving if you have no interest in solving any problems? What's wrong with you?

Best.

How to remove random icons in Finder tool bars...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.