Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Huawei Webstick and lion, Problem with Huawei Webstick and lion

My webstick Huawei has stopped functioning ever since I have uploaded Mountain Lion. Any suggestions

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 1:26 PM

Upload means putting software from your computer back up to the server.

Download means getting software off a server and putting it on your computer.

As for Huawei, it appears the last software they wrote was for 10.6 that I can find. I would contact them and ask if they have made any updates for 10.7 or later. Software written for 10.6 frequently may address Rosetta which is no longer available in 10.7 or later.

I would also ask them how to remove any of their software, as many such devices are capable of being read by the built-in USB drivers of the Mac, if they are connected via USB.

If you can find the model#, check the support for the specific model # on their website.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2013 1:26 PM in response to utturk

Upload means putting software from your computer back up to the server.

Download means getting software off a server and putting it on your computer.

As for Huawei, it appears the last software they wrote was for 10.6 that I can find. I would contact them and ask if they have made any updates for 10.7 or later. Software written for 10.6 frequently may address Rosetta which is no longer available in 10.7 or later.

I would also ask them how to remove any of their software, as many such devices are capable of being read by the built-in USB drivers of the Mac, if they are connected via USB.

If you can find the model#, check the support for the specific model # on their website.

Problem with Huawei Webstick and lion, Problem with Huawei Webstick and lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.