Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone somehow created an Apple ID with my email address, but I can't get into the account to delete it? Help?

I got an email today saying that somebody had created an Apple ID under my email address, and has put in their details to purchase items from the store. I'm not sure who it is, or why they've used my email address.

I've tried to get onto the account via the 'lost password' option, but when I sent an email to the address I never got one through to change it. I must sound really ditsy by asking this, but is there any other way I could get around this issue so I can delete the account created? I'm not willing to talk on the phone to an Apple employee so I'm hoping somebody on this discussion board will have a resolution to my problem.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 1:05 PM

1 reply

Sep 13, 2013 1:26 PM in response to 19lauren95

If you didn't create the account, there will not be any way you can access the account to change the details. And no one here can help you since we're all just fellow users. You will need to contact Apple about this matter.

Go here:

http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/contact/

and follow the instructions to report the issue to Apple and request assistance.

Regards.

Someone somehow created an Apple ID with my email address, but I can't get into the account to delete it? Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.