Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my iPad4 to accept an Apple ID name change?

Time-Warner Cable bought Insight Broadband so I had to change my e-mail address and password. I did it on my MacBook Pro with no problems. I also changed it on my iPhone 4S. When attempting updates on the iPad, it asks for a password, but the ID name is the old one so it won't accept my password. How do I change it to the new Apple ID name?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 8:42 PM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2014 9:20 PM in response to AnaMusic

None of these answers are acceptable. I am on my third iPad the first two were stolen in airports. They both used a Hotmail address, as did the app and iTunes stores. I have successfully used my server email as my Apple id, with a new password, but the good news stops when I try to update apps or to purchase new ones. I spent an hour at my Apple store today, and this problem was not resolved. Some Apple somebody needs to offer a better fix than, Cannot be Merged or Transferred to a Different Apple Id. That won't do, people. We pay more for Apple products because we don't expect this kind of gummy glitches.

How do I get my iPad4 to accept an Apple ID name change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.