Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now that I have Logic Pro X is it save to delete (uninstall) Logic Pro 9 from my Mac?

Can I now uninstal Logic Pro 9 now that i have Logic Pro X safely or are they connected some how?

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2013 9:00 PM

Hi ...

Better to post your topic in the Logic Pro community > Logic Pro: Professional Applications: Apple Support Communities

4 replies

Sep 13, 2013 10:31 PM in response to ellipsesdistort

There shouldn't be any problems when uninstalling Logic 9, but in my opinion this is not necessary. Logic 9 does not claim that much space on your HD and it will coexist rather unnoticed along LPX. You'll gain availability of a 2nd DAW wherein you still can run 32 bit plugins, work on old projects incase LPX has trouble translating them and you'll have functionality available which has been left out in LPX. My advice would be to leave it where it is.

Have a nice day!

Sep 14, 2013 5:44 AM in response to ellipsesdistort

I wouldnot uninstall it (yet). When working in Pro X many questions come up. What kind of 32 bit plugins am I missing?

How did this function work in v9? Paying customers coming? Record in v9 to be sure, convert to Pro X when you are alone.

I did some recordings with customers behind my shoulders, many strange things happended, also a few embarrassing crashes. I should have made a list, but I didnot want to give it extra notice, while being watched.

I believe in Pro X for the future, but I'm in desperate need for updates.

Now that I have Logic Pro X is it save to delete (uninstall) Logic Pro 9 from my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.