Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, my ipod 4th gen shuffle is having a problem.

When I pause mid song and then try to unpause it the thing skips back two songs. Then when I try to skip back a song it just pauses it, and when I try to press play or skip back again it goes back two songs. I will gie more infromation if you need it, but please help.

iPod shuffle (4th generation)

Posted on Sep 14, 2013 11:58 AM

5 replies

Sep 14, 2013 12:06 PM in response to UltimateGun314

If you use headphones with remote control buttons on the cord, try using a different set of standard headphones to see if it makes a difference.

You can also try doing a Restore on the shuffle. The Restore button is on the shuffle's Summary screen in iTunes. This will erase the shuffle, re-install its software, and set it to default settings. If data corruption of the shuffle's storage is the cause, a Restore should fix it.

After the Restore, I would load a small number of songs as a test, to see if the problem recurs or not. If it does not, sync it like normal.

Hello, my ipod 4th gen shuffle is having a problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.