Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I activate icons in tool strip?

I have Aperture version 3.2.4. How can I activate icons in tool strip? All photos in albums created in the last month have yellow warning triangle symbol on the bottom right corner, and the 4 icons on the tool strip (straighten, crop, red eye & brushes) are inactive (grey), so I can not edit.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 14, 2013 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2013 7:31 PM

If the icon you are referring to is the one with the curved arrow and the yellow triangle then Aperture is unable to find the originals for those images and adjustments are disabled.

5 replies

Sep 14, 2013 10:57 PM in response to jkal-fax

why Aperture is unable to find the originals, (I've never had this issue in 6 years) and what I need to do to resolve this?

Then we need to know, what happened to the originals. There may be several reasons why Aperture cannor find them. The volume being offline, editing the the originals using an external editor, renaming or moving them, a problem with the drive they are on.

All photos in albums created in the last month have yellow warning triangle symbol

To fix this, you need to point Aperture to the location of your referenced originals using the reconnect dialogue from the "File" menu. "File > Locate Referenced Files"

The procedure is explained in this section of the User Manual: http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual/index.html#chapter=5%26sec tion=16%26tasks=true

Click the paragraph: "Reconnecting Missing or Offline Referenced Images"

Post back, if there still are problems.

Regards

Léonie

How can I activate icons in tool strip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.