Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert Amp sim VST/AU to Audio Track.

Can I convert a guitar track using either built in logic X amp sims or another brand i.e Amplitube to an Audio track so I can save CPU power when I'm done with the track?

I remember I could do something like this in Cubase, obviously I cant change the sound ( If youve ever used amp sims thats one of the great parts is you can play along as a Marshall then change it later to a Mesa ) once converted but thats the point is too save CPU power so I can keep making more tracks?

Thanks a bunch in advance to any help

S 😉

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 14, 2013 10:57 PM

5 replies

Sep 15, 2013 2:03 AM in response to SeanToohey

Bounce track in place has a selection to replace track or make a new track. Bounce region in place allows you to keep, mute, or delete the original. I'd go with the new track option, and turn off the old one, that way if you want to make a change it's right there, and turning the track off removes any CPU load.

Or you could do it the old fashioned way and freeze the track. That's sooo 2008, though.

Sep 15, 2013 4:35 AM in response to seeren

Ok so heres some screenshots to show you where im at, if im confusing my point or If im doing it wrong. I got 8 mic'd drums in a stack and i just recorded some quick audio on my laptop without my usual interface ( NI RigKontrol ) so I dont know if that makes a differance.

The two shots are what options I get when I right click.

User uploaded file

And when I bounce in place and then what it does.

User uploaded file

When I play it back I get no sound...Do I need to select the section, have record enabled on/off or could it have something to do with it being an AU?.

Not to sound condisending but just so we're clear in cubase 4 when I had it I could record a track with guitar-rig and any other VST I had on the channel, Then when I was done turn it into an Audio track that was un-doable and I could go and use guitar-rig again on a new channel and stil hear the other track/s so cpu load was always minimal. Thats what I'm hopeing to do.

thanks again 😀

Sep 15, 2013 4:53 AM in response to SeanToohey

OK, few things: 1. do not include the audio tail, unless you specifically want that. Judging from the length of the BIP region, there is no tail. 2. Set any Normalize option to off, unless you know you want it and why you want it.

Your audio interface has nothing to do with it, as this (BIPping) is all in the box. I don't understand what you mean with it being an "AU" having anyhting to do with it? Also, I must say it is hard to understand it from what you are saying. All I see is that you are trying to BIP an audio file and that the resulting BIP is silent, which should not be so.

I just took another look at your screenshot and suddenly I spotted that, in screen 1, the region you are about to BIP, is already muted. BIPping a muted region will get you the sound of a muted region, which is silence. So unmute it before you BIP.

And you can not BIP to the same track. Selected track is only available if you have a different audio track (correctly configured) selected.

Convert Amp sim VST/AU to Audio Track.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.