9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2013 7:30 AM by léonie
Roy Chau Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi, I have recently purchased Aperture and Themes for aperture. However, I do not see the additional 105 themes inside the Aperture software, can anyone here advise?

Secondly, how do we tell whether the Aperture software which purchased from AppStore is the latest Aperture 3?

Regards

Roy

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)
  • 1. Re: Themes for aperture
    léonie Level 9 Level 9 (51,645 points)

Hi, I have recently purchased Aperture and Themes for aperture. However, I do not see the additional 105 themes inside the Aperture software, can anyone here advise?

Have you run the installer? After purchasing "Themes For Aperture" you should find an app with the same name in your Applications folder. Run it to install the themes you want to use.

The App Store will or should always show you the latest Aperture version, and only, if it is compatible with your system. If you recently bought Aperture, you should now be running Aperture 3.4.5.

Regards

Léonie

• 2. Re: Themes for aperture
    cgwebster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Sorry for the slightly tangental question -  I'm guessing  "Themes for Aperture" gives you additional book style/layout  options, but I can't find anything of this name in the App store.

• 4. Re: Themes for aperture

I'm guessing  "Themes for Aperture" gives you additional book style/layout  options,

Not bookstyle options - more templates for web galleries.

• 5. Re: Themes for aperture
    cgwebster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Ah OK, not what I thought - thanks!

• 6. Re: Themes for aperture
    chaucheelung Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Alright, thks so much for the understanding.

Lastly, can we purchase additional slideshow themes for Aperture 3? thks

• 7. Re: Themes for aperture

I don't know of any third-party slideshow themes, sorry.  I usually use the basic themes anyway - I do not want the slideshow effects to distract from my photos

Kirby, do you know of additional themes?

• 8. Re: Themes for aperture
    Kirby Krieger Level 6 Level 6 (11,915 points)

Well put.  (I'm about to finish upgrading my on-line portfolio to a more expensive gallery hosting site in order to remove more distractions.  My goal is to show the pictures, not the packaging, be it a site or a slideshow.)

leonieDF wrote:

I don't know of any third-party slideshow themes, sorry.  I usually use the basic themes anyway - I do not want the slideshow effects to distract from my photos

Kirby, do you know of additional themes?

I don't.  Does Aperture now have all the ones that were available in iPhoto?  Iirc, iPhoto used to have a couple that Aperture did not.  I'm sure that there are many slideshow programs available outside of Aperture -- cgwebster may have to use one of them if a plug-in isn't available for the look s/he wants.

• 9. Re: Themes for aperture

Does Aperture now have all the ones that were available in iPhoto

Screen Shot 2013-09-16 at 16.24.03MESZ.PNG

In iPhoto I am seeing the list above. Aperture has them all, plus "Photo Edges" and Watercolor Panels.