Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Adress Book 4.1.2 is does not work with my os c 10.6.8 (lion). how can i update my adress book?

After i updated my mac book with os x 10.6.8 my, i made the mistake to copy my old adress book with time machine to my current mac book and therefore deleted the original address book (contact list). The old version doesnt work with the newer os x version.

Where can i get a compatible adress book (contact list) application or an update?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 4:09 AM

2 replies

Sep 15, 2013 5:53 AM in response to Knight Rider 2000

Ok, what OS are you running? 10.6.8 is not Lion or Mountain Lion.

Open "About this Mac" from the Apple menu and let us know.

If you are running 10.6, then Address Book is what you need, not Contacts.

If you are running Mountain Lion (10.8.X), then what you described will not remove Contacts. Did you delete Contacts after restoring Address Book?

My Adress Book 4.1.2 is does not work with my os c 10.6.8 (lion). how can i update my adress book?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.