Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my rented movie in iPad?

I rented a movie on my 4th Gen iPad, after downloading it I can't find where it is, it's not in the video app nor iTunes "Purchased" / "Rent" tab, where can i find it?

iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 10:47 AM

If you rented and downloaded it on your iPad then it should be in its Videos app (it won't show in the Purchased tab for re-downloading, nor in the rentals tab on your computer's iTunes) - if it's not in there then do you have a film age rating set in Settings > General > Restrictions that is hiding it ?

8 replies

Sep 15, 2013 1:20 PM in response to edobb001

You could try a soft-reset and see if it shows after the iPad has restarted : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Otherwise, and if it's not still downloading in the Downloads tab in the iTunes store app (the tab will only show if there are downloads outstanding) then try the 'report a problem' page to contact iTunes Support and se if you can get a re-download: http://reportaproblem.apple.com

If the 'report a problem' link doesn't work then you can try contacting iTunes support via this page : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/- click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

Sep 15, 2013 1:32 PM in response to edobb001

Do you mean that you powered it off or just put it into sleep mode ? Unless the film is hidden by an age restriction then you should be able to find it in the Videos app, and by its name on the spotlight search screen. I assume that you have enough free space on your iPad for it (Settings > General > About > Available) ?

But you will probably need to contact Support for a redownload

Where is my rented movie in iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.