Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphoto says the library is locked and I don't have permission - when I hold down the command and option keys while clicking on the iphoto icon, the repair menu does not come up

How do I fix it so I can access iphoto? I have Mac OS X

iMac

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 9:31 AM

1 reply

Sep 15, 2013 10:01 AM in response to Roess1

Are you sure you're holding down those two keys before you launch iPhoto and keeping them held down until the Repair window appears. Others have either not started holding them down soon enough or lift up on them too soon.

If you still can't try this:

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

• Download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.
  • Click on the Add Library button,

User uploaded file

and select the library you want to add from those in the selection window.

• Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the Library ➙ Rebuild Library menu option

• User uploaded file

• In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.
  • Click on the Create button.

• Note 1: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost.

Note 2: Your current library will be left untouched for further attempts at a fix if so desired.

OT

My iphoto says the library is locked and I don't have permission - when I hold down the command and option keys while clicking on the iphoto icon, the repair menu does not come up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.