Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes keep deleting all of my songs? I had 930 and now have 2.

Hi, I've had my iPod for about 3 years now and has done very well for me. I am very into my music and had downloaded 930 songs onto my iTunes account. I have all of these songs still on my iPod but for some unknown reason, I have just logged on to find only two songs on my account. Is there a way I can get them back? I can't start all over again!! Thanks 🙂

iPod nano

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 10:02 AM

1 reply

Sep 15, 2013 2:05 PM in response to Jenny061

What you have on your computer is an iTunes library. Your "account" (Apple ID) is associated with the iTunes Store (making purchases), and is separate from your iTunes library. So, signing in with your Apple ID in iTunes does not affect what is in your iTunes library on the computer.

So, you are saying that your iTunes library only has two songs now, when it previously had over 900?

Anything special about the two songs that remain? For example, are they the last two songs you added?

Do you still see your playlists?

Look here: /[your user home folder]/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/

The path may be somewhat different depending your OS. If you did not change iTunes settings, your song files should be stored there, in sub-folders organized by artist name and then album name. When you look at that location using the Mac's Finder or Windows Explorer, do you see all of your song files there?

Why does iTunes keep deleting all of my songs? I had 930 and now have 2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.