Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot do Facebook/Twitter integration through Mail, Contacts

I cannot do facebook or twitter integration using the system preferences panel "Mail, Contacts & Calendars". After entering the correct User Name and Password, it takes a minute or so and then IA_ERROR_BAD_CREDS shows up under the passwords box. I know that both the username and pw are correct. This happens for both twitter and facebook.

Console has this to say:

9/15/13 10:00:50.952 AM accountsd[379]: /SourceCache/AccountsAgent/Accounts-211.2/ACDAccountStore.m - -[ACDAccountStore verifyCredentialsForAccount:saveWhenAuthorized:withHandler:] - 1245 - 0x0 - System Preferences (com.apple.systempreferences) is trying to verify account credentials for account: (my email / login ID)

9/15/13 10:01:10.953 AM System Preferences[539]: *** Warning: saveAccount timed out for (my email / login ID)

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 10:06 AM

3 replies

Sep 16, 2013 7:17 AM in response to dhaudi

Other ways of integrating also fail. For example, Safari will sometime offer a dropdown window:

"Would you like to allow other OS X applications to use this Twitter Account?

You can allow or disallow the use of this account later in your System Preferences."

When I press "Allow", this will hang indefinitely with a spinnning icon next to "Setting up Account". The only way out is to close the Safari window from the File menu.

Cannot do Facebook/Twitter integration through Mail, Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.