Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password

I don't know my password. I perused prior conversations herein, but nothing on "AirPort Extreme 802.11ac" - other posted Q/A related to "bg" or "n" models. HOW DO I RESET?

Airport Extreme 802.11ac

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 1:18 PM

See the information about a Soft Reset in this Apple Support document:

Resetting an AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule FAQ

5 replies

Sep 15, 2013 1:50 PM in response to Bob Timmons

I appreciate your effort, but still unclear so I assumed you want me to open the FAQ then follow:

Airport Extreme 802.11n (even though mine is 802.11ac).

Then follow instructions for a Soft Reset:

Soft reset

1. Connect the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule to power and wait for it to complete its start up process. To learn more about the start up process, please see All about Wi-Fi Base Station Status Lights (LED).
  2. Press and hold the reset button with a pen or pencil for 1 full second, then release it. The light (LED) will begin flashing amber, indicating that the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule is in soft reset mode.

I got this far. Now,

From the AirPort menu bar item, choose the network created by the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule (the network name does not change).

What??? Where is the AirPort "menu bar item" per above?

Open AirPort Utility in Applications > Utilities on a Mac using Mac OS X, and in Start > All Programs > AirPort on a computer using Windows.

Not sure what the above means. We'll tackle the rest of the instructions (assuming I am in the correct FAQ) later:

1. Select the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule and click Continue.
  2. A window indicating that the device has been reset will appear.
  3. Select "Restore the previous settings" and select OK.
  4. Move through subsequent windows to make changes to your passwords or other settings as desired, clicking Continue after each one.
  5. When you have moved through all of the selection windows you will be able to select Update. Click Update to install the new settings.
  6. Click Continue to allow your AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule to restart.
  7. Quit AirPort Utility.

Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.