Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In System Preferences, the Desktop/ Screensaver option has disappeared and I am unable to change my desktop and screensaver!

The only way I can change my desktop is by right-clicking on an image and clicking the "Set desktop picture" option. Otherwise, there is no other way I can change my desktop. My software is updated and everything, I don't understand where the Desktop/ Screensaver option has gone!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2013 2:24 PM

Open System preferences window and when window is open, from top panel choose VIEW->Customize... and check if they are selected to be showed.

User uploaded file

4 replies

In System Preferences, the Desktop/ Screensaver option has disappeared and I am unable to change my desktop and screensaver!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.